The TFOCA-II® fibre optic connector, designed by Amphenol Fiber Systems International (AFSI), is ideal for environmentally harsh conditions. This design takes advantage of the latest in fibre optic connectivity technology by utilizing industry standard physical contact ceramic ferrules.
The TFOCA-II® connector is designed for minimal maintenance in the field but is also fully field repaired reusing all components with the exception of the termini. Its removable end cap allows direct access to the alignment sleeve and termini.
- Hermaphroditic design for versatility - enables multiple TFOCA-II® plug assemblies to be concatenated
- Removable end cap - allows for easy field maintenance and cleaning
- Improved cable retention strength - designed to meet 400 lb pull strength while protecting fibres from stress
- Zn-Ni plating - provides substantial longevity to corrosive environments
- Meets new mandate set by the Environmental Protection Agency for elimination of heavy metal plating
- Commercial ceramic ferrule technology - enables TFOCA-II® connector to provision multimode and single mode interconnect with a variety of polishes including SPC and UPC
- Solid core alignment sleeves - more robust than split alignment sleeves
- Hermaphroditic dust cap - plug and/or receptacle dust caps connect together to prevent dust and moisture penetration during deployment
- Optional key positions - four key positions (1,2,3, universal) available, enabling segregation of mated plug/receptacles or plug/plug, through mechanical interface
- Also available in stainless steel and brass, allowing the connector to be used in a variety of applications