The new OLP-82 from VIAVI is the first handheld tool to combine pass/fail fibre inspection and optical power measurement (OPM) into one solution. As part of the new VIAVI SmartClass Fibre family, the OLP-82 helps service providers guarantee a lifetime of system performance from their network connectivity and gives users an essential tool for delivering best-in-class reliable networks to their customers.
- Field-portable OPM with multiple calibrated wavelengths from 780 to 1625 nm
- Automated pass/fail analysis for fibre inspection and test
- Supports both industry-standard and user-definable acceptance criteria
- Available with integrated Patch Cord Microscope (PCM)
- Integrated connector certification reports
- Onboard storage for fibre inspection and test results
- Connects to a PC via USB to export data and manage acceptance criteria using FiberChekPRO™ software
- Two USB ports to connect additional devices such as a P5000i microscope
- Automatic fibre-image centring
- Modern, smartphone-style user interface with touch screen
- Rugged, weather-proof design
Complete jobs faster, correctly, and on time—the first time
Integrates fibre inspection and test for an efficient, easy-to-use solution that promotes best practices for handling fibre
Analysis with pass/fail results on one handheld device
Automatically and easily qualifies fibre end-face condition and measures optical power making even new technicians fibre experts
Easily generates certification reports
Provides a verifiable record that work quality meets industry standards and customer specifications
Use it anywhere
A portable, organized, hands-free carrier for easy use inside homes, at demarcation points, or up on telephone poles and cell towers
Combines Inspection and Test in One Handheld Device
Use either the onboard patch-cord microscope (PCM) or connect a P5000i digital analysis microscope to inspect fibre end faces on patch cords or through bulkheads and eliminate poor-quality components from entering your network.
Automatic Image Centring
This convenient feature centres the fibre image on the screen.
Ultimate Portability and Organisation
The hands-free carrier stores all essential tools, such as the inspection microscope, visual fault locator, and cleaning materials, in an organized, portable system that you can take with you to every job.
Benefits of Using P5000i and PCM Together
Optimises technician performance with tools designed for workflow
Improves network activation with a reliable, repeatable processes
Enables quick and easy inspection of both female (bulkhead) and male (patch cord) fibre connectors without changing tips