Optical Time Domain Reflectometers (OTDRs) suffer from the problem of giving errors if the cable under test is plugged directly into the machine. In order to overcome the problem a fibre optic launch lead is required of sufficient length to compensate for the errors. The OTDR Launch Lead provides the solution for both multimode and singlemode fibre measurements.
- Up to three fibres with a maximum cumulative fibre length of 2,000 metres in any combination of singlemode and/or multimode fibre
- Fibre lengths selectable in 100 metre increments
- Ruggedised tails for field use
- Choice of connector styles (ST, SC, FC, LC, MT-RJ)
- The bare fibre spool is secured inside the box from which two ruggedised flying leads provide approximately 1 metre of connectivity.