3M Fibrlok is a universal mechanical splice that can be used wherever quick and secure splice connections are required. 3M Fibrlok universal splice consists of a highly resistant plastic base, body, and lid in which a metallic element provides the connection. The metal element surrounds the optical fibres to be connected aligning the fibres precisely and permanently in place.
3M Fibrlok universal splice utilises a single cleave length for both 250 and 900µm coated fibres and has the ability to compensate for variations in fibre outer diameters for improved splicing yield. 3M Fibrlok universal splice can be used with multimode and single-mode fibres with 125µm diameter and coatings of 250 to 900µm.
- Fibrlok™ is a universal splice for both 250µm coated and 900µm buffered fibres
- The same splice is used for either singlemode or multimode fibres
- Identical stripping lengths are used for 250/900µm fibres
- Repositioning of fibres is possible
- Quick & easy to install improves productivity
- Minimal tool requirements & engineer training keeps costs down
- High retention of fibre & buffer provides superior optical performance and long term reliability