Using the latest technology in precision optics, high-speed cameras, programming and display, Norland Products has developed the GL16 – AiO End Face Geometry Measurement Instrument. This instrument is designed as the ultimate tool for analysing the end face geometry of single and multi-fibre connectors, and includes support for recent industry developments such as 16 and 32 fibre MT product and Geometry Limit parameter.
The Norland GL16 system achieves accuracy, repeatability, reliability and ease of use that far exceeds the requirements of the industry for this type of quality control instrument.
Everything has been fully automated in this compact system. All electronics and software for calculation and control is contained within the instrument, so an external computer system is no longer required. With an internal Linux operating system, there is no need for constant updates or virus protection software resulting in a much more stable and reliable system. An Ethernet connection is provided for access to the system measurement data as well as for remote diagnosis and software updates. A USB 3.0 port allows for external mouse, keyboard or barcode scanner use. There are no operator adjustments necessary or knowledge of interferometry needed. NIST traceable standards provide confirmed calibration of magnification and tilt stage operation, insuring accuracy of all measurements. Our patented True Angle™ connector mounts with integral aperture plate and pins allow easy insertion of the connectors into the mount and provide for highest accuracy, specifically, of surface angle results.
- Fully automated interferometric system for analysing multi-fibre and single fibre connectors
- Non-contact closed-loop piezo Scanning White Light Interferometry (SWLI) measurement
- Compliant with Industry Specifications for measurement process and Pass/Fail determination
- Embedded computer system with Linux OS
- Browser-based application supporting local (via front panel 7” touch screen display) and remote (via Ethernet connection) operation
- High-resolution, high-speed camera for fast, accurate, and repeatable measurements
- Software-controlled tilt stage (for toggling between 0 and 8 degree angle)
- NIST traceable standards for calibration of system magnification and tilt stage
- No focusing required prior to scanning
- Analyse up to 72 fibres in one scan
- Supports 16/32 fibre MT product
- Measures MT-12 connector within 8 seconds
- Concise measurement result display, showing only which end face parameters, if any, have not passed
- Full scan information available on screen, as export to CSV file, in SQL database, or as a scan report
- 3D graphical representation of end face
- No vibration damping table required
The first low cost, automated, non-contact interferometer for fibre optics. The Norland Connect-Chek® CC6000 automatically and precisely measures radius of curvature, apex offset of polish, and fibre undercut or protrusion on any PC or APC single-fibre connector. The breakthrough technology used in the CC6000 is unlike any other system on the market today and now allows interferometric connector analysis to be affordable to all users.
- Affordable quality control and quality assurance of high performance fiber optic connectors.
- Automatically and precisely measures:
- radius of curvature,
- apex offset of polish,
- fiber undercut or protrusion on any PC or APC single fiber connector
- Standard USB connector with exclusive CC6000 software to control the interferometer and measure the connectors.
- Designed for both the factory or the field
- Without the need for costly phase-shifting devices
The Norland Advantage Multifiber System is an automated non-contact interferometer designed for measuring the end face geometry of fiber optic connector surfaces including multifiber connectors, fiber arrays, single and, PC/APC connectors. The Advantage fiber combines the features of Norlands' renowned single fiber interferometer with an improved, higher-resolution multifiber interferometer system. This combination yields the most versatile, easy-to-use system available today for fiber optic testing.
- Automatic measurement of:
- Radius of Curvature
- Endface Angle
- Flatness Deviation
- Planar fiber height and differential planar fiber height for multiple rows of twelve (12) fibers.
- Core dip for Multimode connectors
- Patented True Angle Connector Mounts with Integral Guide Pins for MT, Mini-MT, MPO, MPX, MTP and MT-RJ connectors.
- Automatic Angle Calibration
- Automatically switch between Red and White Light Interferometric Modes.
- Gauge fiber protrusion and undercut to the submicron level.
- Fiber Masking for custom connector measurements.
- 3D color wire frame display
- Color Contour Map with Profiles.
- Measure wide areas with Multiple Image Overlay Software.
- Measure flat and angled connectors without changing the mount by using the Variable Tilt-Stage with accuracy to 0.01 ° .
- NIST traceable standard at 0 ° and 8 ° for tilt angle.
The AC-3005 incorporates a Michelson interferometric objective lens on an inverted microscope with a built-in camera and a high-speed computer. With its user-friendly Windows NT software it provides immediate 3D topographical information on the surface being inspected.The AC-3005 is the first system for array connectors that automatically measures planar fibre height for up to 18 fibres per connector. Utilising the new Multiple Image Overlay Software, it takes measurements across the surface and combines them in a seamless display of the end-face geometry. Movement of the stage is automatic, and easy-to-follow instructions are displayed on the screen.
- Norland 0º and 8° NIST traceable standard permits angular accuracy of ±0.01°.
- Automatic measurement of:
- radius of curvature and angle of the end face (vertical and horizontal along two axes),
- planar fiber height and differential planar fiber height for up to 24 fibers,
- flatness deviation,
- core dip values (multimode fibers).
- Autofocus and angle correction features offer higher product throughput without sacrificing accuracy.
- Rugged inverted microscope design for easy levelling and integration into a variety of production processes.
- World class, infinity corrected optics assure superior resolution.
- The variable tilt stage with micrometer control between 0°–13° with NIST traceable accuracy to ±0.01°.
- Choose measurement data to be displayed in Excel and customize pass/fail standards that follow IEC and TIA Guidelines.
- Obtain roughness measurements both Ra and Rq.
- True Angle™ Connector Mounts* offer extreme accuracy and repeatability with fixed stop plates and pins or guide holes. Edge alignment mounts allow you to view the entire connector end face.
- Mounts for MT, Mini-MT, Fotron, MiniMAC, MPO, MPX, MTP and MT-RJ connectors.
- Widest variety of mounts available from stock inventory (custom mounts also available).
The AC-3000 is a fully automated, non-contact interferometric microscope designed for measuring the end-face geometry of fibre optic surfaces such as connector assemblies, ferrules and optical fibres. Using a versatile inverted microscope with a built-in camera and a high-speed computer, the AC-3000 provides immediate 3D topographical information on the surface being inspected. Able to provide results under a variety of experimental conditions, monochromatic red light interferometry is fast (less than 3 seconds) for smooth surfaces, which have step heights of less than one half wave length, whilst white, broad band, light interferometry gives the “True View” of rough surfaces with step-heights of ±4 microns.
- NIST traceable calibration standards for radius of curvature and fiber height on 2.5 mm connectors and 1.25 mm connectors.
- NIST traceable standard for 0°-8° Angle Tilt Stage
- World class, infinity corrected optics assure superior resolution and the ability to see scratches and surface imperfections even in the interferometric mode.
- Mireau type interferometer objective is factory calibrated and requires no field adjustment.
- A variable tilt mount with micrometer control between 0°–13° with accuracy of ±0.01°
- Patented “Locking V-Groove” mount adjusts for small variations in ferrule diameter.
- Accommodates PC/APC FC, SC & ST and E2000 connectors.
- Custom mounts for LC, MU, MT/MTRJ, D4 and other specialized connectors.
- Simple, three point leveling with thumbscrews requires no tools and assures perpendicularity the stage to the optics.
- Autolevel software corrects for sub-micron variations in stage level to give accurate and repeatable offset measurements.
- Easy selection of pass/fail standards conforming to IEC or Telcordia
- Customize pass/fail standards that follow Telcordia formulas.
- Software offers the ability to measure the cleave and key angle of a bare fiber and sections of multifiber connectors.