The VIAVI CleanBlast fibre end face cleaning system provides a fast, effective and cost-efficient solution for removing dirt and debris from connectors in most common applications. CleanBlast is a non-contact system that uses a highly filtered stream of pressurized gas with a vacuum circuit to create a high flow rate jet across the surface of the fibre. A 30μl cleaning solvent is injected into the airflow, and the contamination from the end face along with the solvent are then removed through the retrieval circuit. The precise, highly efficient non-contact air-solvent-air stream blasts and removes contamination with nearly 100 percent effectiveness.
VIAVI manufactures both bench-top and portable verisons of the Cleanblast System. The portable version is supplied with its own internal compressor for air supply and packaged in a ruggedised case for security in the field, whereas the bench-top model requires connection to the plant air supply.
- Cleans various types of both male (patch cord) and female (bulkhead) connector ends, including SC, FC, LC, ST, E2000, MPO, MTP®, MPX, MT and SMA
- Quickly and easily removes contamination, dust, lint, oil and other forms of debris from fiber optic end faces
- Cleans multiple configurations and connector types with interchangeable precision cleaning tips and adapters
- Provides rapid, controlled and repeatable cleaning and removal of contamination from fibre end faces at substantially lower cost per clean and higher productivity than alternative swab based methods.
- Uses a precise non-contact air-solvent-air mixture/sequence to blast and remove contamination particles
- Cleans faster, more effectively and more economically per clean than conventional methods
- Offers a comprehensive selection of precision cleaning tips and adapters
- Input for optional FBP probe microscope and 6.4-inch LCD display for fibre inspection capability