The Enterprise System Connection Architecture, ESCON, was developed by IBM as a channel connection architecture with the intent of improving connectivity by incorporating fibre optics into a network.
The connector system is a Retractable Shroud Duplex (RSD) and can be supplied as terminated patchcords or pigtails. Hybrid patchcords, terminated one end with an ESCON connector and the other end with MT-RJ, LC, ST or SC can be made to your specific length requirements.
We are able to provide RSD cable assemblies meeting IBM system requirements. Adaptors are panel mount and have a zirconia alignment sleeve for minimum connection losses.
- Retractable Shroud for ease of cleaning
- Insertion loss: 0.5dB typical
- Cable retention: 150N for 1 min
- Durability: 500 cycles
- Operating temperature: -20ºC to +70ºC
- Storage temperature: -40ºC to +80ºC